Thursday, February 7, 2008

In My Dreams

Last night was the first time I had a dream about the baby. It was so sweet. I was looking all over the church for him and every seat was filled. I finally found him in the back of the sanctuary being held by one of the ushers. When I picked him up I could just feel his little head bury in my neck and the warmth of his body in my arms! I woke up feeling so misty-eyed and ready to go pick up my baby!

I'm actually surprised that I haven't dreamt of him before, because I have a very active dream life and remember one or two a night. For some reason, though, I just hadn't let my heart attach emotionally, I guess. Now, I'm just emotional about it all. Somewhere between crying, panicking, and crying some more, I am totally ready to get on that plane...Now!

(Just so you know, though, my more pragmatic side is saying: "Oh, no, wait, not until the 18th... I really have to use next week to pack and get my house ready to leave!!!")

3 comments:

The Journey said...

I hope the next 10 days fly by for you - you're going to have your babe in your arms in no time. Good luck with all of the packing!

Don't Mess With Mommy said...

What do you think it is about dreaming of searching for our boys? Praying for your safe and joyful journey.

Christina said...

I am so, so excited. I cannot wait to meet the little one God has palced in your hearts, and very, very soon in your arms.