Saturday, October 20, 2007

Packing List

I mentioned this great packing list in my last post, and someone requested that I share. Here is the one that Stacie directed me to:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pkbFu4FD39ln7MT8LimTaag

It is really fun because it is from someone who has been there and she tells whether or not she used it, wished she had it, or wished she hadn't taken it.

I'm not usually much of a planner when it comes to things like packing. I tend to throw things in the night before an international trip. Or, for last year's vacation, I brought my husband home from an unexpected trip to the hospital and we decided to head out that afternoon. So, I literally packed the van for a week to Florida with 3 kids in about 2 hours!...Crazy! But, I figured that where there was a super-Walmart, I should not lack! However, I plan to follow this packing list as a guide for myself, because I have a feeling there will not be a super-Walmart around the corner from the House of Hope!

2 comments:

Jill said...

I keep telling myself...there are stores in Ethiopia. But then I think...but this is the kind I want, I really can't live without it! I tend to plan too far ahead with the packing--my entire house will probably end up in the suitcase!

Stacie said...

Definitely not a super Walmart in sight. But, they do have two markets that are nice - if you need diapers, formula or anything - Bambis or Shoa market - ask your driver to take you there. Also, on the third floor of Bambi's I found this adorable blanket made from old flour sacks - one of my favorite purchases in Ethiopia! You never know where you'll find a treasure in Addis. :)