Thursday, March 27, 2008

Home for a Month





We've been home for a month now. I can't believe it! This last month went by much faster than the month before we traveled, that's for certain! Ash is growing, eating all the time, and starting to hit some new milestones. Since we've brought him home he's learned to roll to his belly and he's trying to sit up more and more. I started him on rice cereal to see if he would last longer at night without a bottle. It seemed to work the first night, but not so much last night! He's not the best nighttime sleeper! So, I'm still adjusting to sleep deprivation and having an infant in my home again.

The good thing about having an infant in our home again is all the kisses and cuddle time! He is so affectionate and snuggly - I can't get enough!!! His smile is infectious; and, for the most part, when he's awake he is blissfully happy. God has given him such a sweet temperament...what a blessing he is to me and our home!

17 comments:

Gretchen Magruder said...

A month? already?! You have a beautiful family, and I hope we'll get to meet you in person one of these days at one of the StL EKC events!

Amanda said...

A month! holy moley-time flies.
I'm glad you posted-I love the pictures.

I kept checking in hoping to hear something...
He looks so happy.

You have a beautiful family!

gigglechirp said...

it is a treat to see your whole happy family! Thanks for sharing the photos and I can't wait to see ya next Friday for the Children's choir!

Stacie said...

He is gorgeous! All of your kids look so happy!
Can't wait to see you soon - and kiss on that cuddle-bug of yours!! Micah is excited to see you guys too - you know how much he likes you! :)

Dawn said...

It is amazing at how quickly time goes by. Sleep deprivation. I am certainly not looking forward to that again. He looks awesome and healthy and happy. Can't wait to see you guys and hug on him like crazy....

LISA said...

Ahhh, looks like everyone in the family is enjoying him.A month sure went by quick!

Noelle said...

Its great to see your happy family. As for sleep, when we got to Ethiopia, they told us that Anna woke up EVERY 2 HOURS to eat. Yikes! We went through some really rough sleeping after she was home for a month, then she turned into an angelic sleeper. Its been 3 months now since we've been home- Hope you have the same luck!
Noelle

elisa said...

I'm so happy for your family! We too are with CHI and are just getting started. I'll be follwoing your journey!

Julie said...

What a cutey. You are truly blessed.

julie

Erica said...

It goes by SO fast doesn't it?! He's grown so much! Everyone looks so so happy. What size is he in now?

Annie said...

What a beautiful family :)

Unknown said...

How wonderful! We just received our referral for a three month old boy and I am passing the excruciating wait by looking at blogs of those who are on the other side! You have a beautiful family!

Laura said...

What a sweet family! We are just finishing up our paperwork to send. We have an 8y/o girl, 5y/o boy & 3y/o girl. We are also asking for a boy-- I will definitely watch for updates to get some tips!:)

Bergmama said...

Hi! I've been having a blast today looking at everyone's blogs on the ET Kids google site! :) As everyone else on here says, you have a beautiful family! We really enjoyed meeting you guys on Sat!

Annie said...

ok, it's May now...I'm itching for an update ;)
Hope you're doing well.

Renee said...

Adorable photos!!!

Mom to many said...

Your pictures are soooo cute. I can't wait to hold our little one. Your family looks so beautiful.