Monday, November 19, 2007

Yes, we have a court date!!!

Um...TOMORROW! Very unprecedented, I think. Most people have been getting notice that their court date is in 2 weeks or so. For some reason, our director did not know until today that our court date is tomorrow, November 20. So, I have been pacing the floor all evening and calling friends and family with the good news. I feel like I should be doing something right now to get ready for the trip, but have no idea what I can do this evening. Plus, we don't know if we will for sure be traveling in 3 weeks as we are working with the State of Illinois to get approval for travel (long story:) I know it will all work out and somehow God will provide all the money, time and energy it will take to be ready to go get our little boy. So, I will be praying tonight that God will cause things to go smoothly tomorrow in order for him to be officially ours. Then, I will post pictures! ....Yeah!!!!

15 comments:

Jill said...

Yea!!! Final1y!! I am working all night tonight so I'll be thinking of you and praying for a succesful outcome in the courts because it is almost time over there!

Stacie said...

YAY! Can't wait to hear the news!

Dan, Misty & Ashar said...

WOO HOO!!! Finally! We have been stalking you forever now. Congratulations it's finally here! We are so excited to see your pictures and hear the news:)

Amy B. said...

Yea! I can't believe it...tomorrow! I can't wait to hear the word tomorrow. Congratulations! I REALLY hope that all goes well and you can be home with your baby boy by Christmas. Amy

LISA said...

We are so anxious to hear that all went well.

kikstra said...

Wow, how exciting- the same court date as us (our 2nd court date)-- here's praying that the courts run smoothly tomorrow (actually, in a couple of hours). Congrats!

Ted and Jill said...

Awesome! Four of our adopting friends have court dates today also! Praying everything goes well and you travel soon :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's awesome! Maybe it was for the better that you didn't find out when it us until just before. You saved your self a lot of stress!
Hope everything goes well!

Amy B. said...

Did you get any news today? Can't wait to hear! Amy

Erica said...

HORRAY!!!!!!!! I can't wait to hear! Praying things go smoothly.

Gretchen Magruder said...

Congratulations!!! I agree...it might be better that you didn't have more time to wait and worry!

Unknown said...

Congratulations to you and your family. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and we hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Love,
Chuck, Bobbi, Michael, & Chloe

Christina said...

HI!!!!

This is Mrs. Baker from dinner!!!!

I just found your blog! I am so adding you. Oh my gosh....that is the best news!!! YEAH!!!!

Cant wait for the update!!!!!!

Amy B. said...

Just wondering how things are going with your family. How did the court date go? Can't wait to hear an up date. Amy

Coming to Amharica said...

Can't wait to hear from you! Hope everything is going alright.
Dee Dee