Wednesday, January 16, 2008

One Week to Go!

In exactly one week we have our court date for Baby A. Hopefully, on Wednesday, January 23, we will have a decision and not a postponement. For some reason, it is all I can think about today. Partially, because I see his face and just know he's getting older by the minute and I want to be able to hold him when he is still tiny! Partially, because I feel like I have so many things on hold for the spring (as far as the calendar goes). I am responsible for many retreats, trips and events that happen at our church and Christian school so it is hard to know what I'll actually be in town for and what I will be missing. I don't mind missing any of it, if it means I am in Ethiopia; but, I don't want to schedule myself out for February if we aren't going to be able to travel until later. None of these things are a big deal, but I would like to just be able to plan something!!! I don't even know what to do to get ready for the trip, yet. Not that it matters, because I usually do things like that closer to the last minute. I guess I just work better with a deadline : ) But, I feel like I'm in limbo and I wonder what the baby must be feeling. I'm sure he is well taken care of at the HOH; and, of course, he's too little to "think" anything. I just wish I knew who was holding him, where he was sleeping, what he was hearing...all of those things! Hopefully, it won't be too long before I see for myself!

5 comments:

Erica said...

Praying your courtdate is flawless! Your little guy will be home soon. I'm praying this time next week you'll be an official mom of four! (((HUGS)))

Julie said...

Praying all goes well at court for you. You should be holding your little boy soon.

Blessings,
Julie

LISA said...

Praying your courtdate goes smoothly.

gigglechirp said...

Thinking of you! I know the uncertainty is so difficult! love to you all from Mamush & Co :)

Dan, Misty & Ashar said...

Can't wait to hear the official news. You are in my prayers right now.