Thursday, December 13, 2007

My perfect timing must not be His!

Yesterday, December 12, was our 10 year wedding anniversary. I told God that would be a great day to get the call for our new referral. I even told Him that it would be perfect timing! Laughingly, I also told Him that He probably doesn't care what my perfect is, because His ways are higher than mine. I guess He proved me right....No call yesterday...or today, for that matter! Oh, well, there's still tomorrow (before another long weekend waiting!).

By the way, though, we did have a great day celebrating. We left work early, skipped church, and had a free babysitter. It was a fun night of movies, fine dining, and Christmas shopping. Just perfect to be together (alone) for a change!

5 comments:

gigglechirp said...

happy anniversary and we are thinking of you!! I had some "conversations" similar to yours and honestly even had a few temper tantrum fits as if I were two (it did feel better though!) -- yes, the timing will be perfect!

can't wait to hear your good news,
Jenni, Jim and Mamush

Dan, Misty & Ashar said...

Happy Anniversary to you! You are 6 years and a day ahead of us! Why does it seem that we're ALWAYS learning about His perfect timing, and it NEVER seems to just come easy to us? sigh...;)

The Journey said...

Happy anniversary! We can't wait to hear news!

Erica said...

Happy Anniversary! Praying THIS is your week!!

Jocelyn said...

I just found your blog through others. It sounds like we just went through a very similar situation. I received my referral of a 5 month old little girl, Payton, on 10/1/07. I had my first court date on 10/22 and it didn't go through. It was postponed to 11/15. On 11/9, I got the news that her birthmother had come back. This has been the hardest experience in my life. I did just receive my new referral on 12/9. She is beautiful, I am in love and VERY scared:-( My court date is 1/18th. I hope you all hear news very very soon. My referral has not made the ache for Payton much less to be honest, but it has helped me look to the future and to my little girl Pacey. Have a very happy holiday!