Saturday, September 29, 2007

My Own Little Baby Shower

Well, this morning, my sister and I awoke very early in spite of the fact that we are both pretty tired from our church's annual conference that is currently going on and we went to a Mother of Twins' re-sale event (it is a group that my sister belongs to). We were one of the first in the door and I went crazy. I got the whole infant carseat/stroller system and lots of other things like bouncy chairs, bath seats, burpclothes, bibs, and baby monitor! My sister is currently in the process of adopting 2 children from Guatemala, so we had her van packed full! When we put all of our things in the van and started driving away, she said, "It feels like we just had a little baby shower for ourselves!" And, as I brought the things into the family room this morning, I was very overwhelmed by emotion. I couldn't believe that it is this close to being real...I'm going to be a mom to an infant again. I'm both terribly excited and very afraid (pretty much the same feelings I had when I was 8 months pregnant!) There's no going back now and I can't wait...Somehow a bit of a paradox to me, but I'm relishing every step of the way, regardless of my ability to philosophize about it:)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sale sounds like fun! There is nothing more emotional than buying baby stuff :+)

We are also adopting from ET. We received our referral on 9/4 for a 7y/o girl and a 7mo old boy. We are just praying that the courts open soon and we are able to get them quickly!

Many blessings to you on this wonderful road God has laid for you!

Marissa
www.m7voke.blogspot.com

Karen said...

I'm making myself wait to buy baby stuff until I know how old our little one is, but it sure isn't easy...:-)

LISA said...

Our city-wide rummage sale is next weekend! Can't wait! I've been buying things at garage sales all summer(not knowing what we will be blessed with)Depending on our referral,we are donating what we won't use to our agency home in ET.Sounds like you hit the garage sale jackpot!I hope i do as well next weekend!

Amy B. said...

That sounds like so much fun...wish I was there :) I have had so much fun buying baby stuff again (we got rid of everything after Sophie...thinking we were done...suprise, surprise). It has been emotional for me too. Sometimes I just go to his closet and look at everything and try to imagine our little guy wearing the clothes and playing with the toys and covered with the baby blankets. Aaaahhhh! I can't wait. I can't wait to see your baby too! I celebrate every time I see that someone gets a referral. It is such beautiful thing to read about...even if you've never met. Amy

gigglechirp said...

I'm biting my nails waiting for your referral! looking forward to bringing Mamush down to meet up once you return from Ethiopia!

good wishes
Jenni

kikstra said...

I just 'discovered' your blog through Marissa's, and am amazed by how similar my feelings are (we just received a referral a week ago for a 5 m.o. boy)- so exciting, surreal, anxiety-inducing (our youngest is 4 1/2- how does one take care of a baby, will it come back to me?). Looking forward to you getting your referral soon!