Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Finally Started

Well, our journey to Ethiopia officially began March 8, 2007. We had been accepted to Children's Hope International and begun our homestudy process in summer of 2006, but went on hold throughout the fall, feeling as though we had no clear direction on which country program we should join. Finally, in January, our interest was peaked as we read about the new Ethiopia program in which CHI was getting licensed. We met with our social worker, Julia, and the director of the Ehtiopia program, Sharon, in February and made our official change. Our completed homestudy was mailed off on March 8 and we are now awaiting the rest of the journey.

5 comments:

Stacie said...

Hi Deedra! Great to see your blog up and running! It's so great to be going through this process with you - now we just have to pray for that license! :)
Stacie

Swerl said...

Welcome to the Ethiopia Adoptive community!

My wife and I are waiting for a referral, through Children's Home Society.

I think I was the last new blog on ethiopia.adoption.com. Tag, you're it!

You can find me at

http://swerl.blogspot.com

sarah said...

Hi,
I just ran across your blog. Congrats on CHI getting their license! We used them for our homestudy and have enjoyed watching them develop their Ethiopia program.

Susy Q said...

Congrulations!! You're in for a wild- and exciting- ride!

sarah said...

Oh, I forgot to add our website http://findingbabyg.wordpress.com
I think we may live in the same area as you (Julia is also our homestudy social worker) so feel free to email me: sarahgafford@gmail.com it's always good to know fellow adoptive families!